2020 National Rally Postponment - 18 March
Following is copy of event postponment adevice sent to rally participants today, 18th March.
Dear Rally Participant,
We were preparing to send out Rally Update No 5 this week when suddenly the situation changed.
With the current developments with the COVID-19 pandemic, it became apparent that it would be irresponsible to go ahead with
our planned Rally. The health and well being of all our members is of course of the utmost importance and must be our
There were obviously many other items that we had to consider and our expenditure has been considerable already, mainly to the RACV Cape Schanck where most of our functions were to take place.
Thankfully, as of yesterday, the RACV have agreed that they will allow us to postpone our Rally and with the agreement of the South Australian Club who were to host the 2021 event, we will be moving our Rally to the same time in 2021.
There are some conditions imposed by the RACV to allow us to postpone, one of which is that they will hold deposits paid so far. This may mean that except in exceptional circumstances, we will be unable to refund the money you have paid for your Rally ticket on the basis that we hope you will join us again in 2021. Our program will stay the same and we can assure you that it will be bigger and better in
In the mean time, we have arranged with the RACV for any accommodation deposits paid to date to be refunded automatically - we will be in touch again early in 2021 to remind you to re book for the new dates with the same temporary RACV membership deal as for 2020.
With regard to regalia orders placed to date, we will hold all this in store to be issued to you on registration in 2021!
Finally, to assist communications going forward, we would appreciate it if any of your contact details change
you drop us a line with the new details.
Thank you for your patience and understanding in these difficult times.
Your 2020 Rally Committee
Message from Committee - 17 March
In light of the COVID-19 virus we have decided to cancel all club functions until
the end of April when we will review all developments.
Most of you would know that our National Rally has been postponed until 2021
when we will have the same program at the RACV Cape Schanck again.
The health and well being of all our members is of the utmost importance
to us and we must make that our top priority. It is because of this that we are taking these actions.
We will keep you informed if
Your 2020 Committee
- Rauno Aaltonen re-united with ex=works 3000 XJB871 in the snow. Click Here . Great stuff
- In car from Prescott Hillclimbwww.youtube.com/watch?v=A0mOFIpmkvU . There's nothing like a hairy chested Healey.
Thursday May 7, 2020
Monthly General Meeting at AHOC Clubrooms,
Sunday May 10, 2020
Lunch at Cuckoo Restaurant
Wednesday May 27, 2020.
Gordonís Wednesday Lunch. Safety Beach Sailing Club to Tides Bar & Grill, Tooradin.
Thursday May 7, 2020